Oh yes, it’s December and only a few weeks away from Christmas!!
Have a read about my Christmas favourites then take a moment to fill out your own questions and link back to me! I’d love to read your answers.
1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Yes, many! I was born in Calgary, Alberta and loved our wintery Christmases. Since moving to the west coast, I’ve enjoyed our milder weather, but I am always yearning for a few days of snow every winter, and on Christmas that would be a bonus!
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
At my parent’s house. If their beds are full with my siblings and their kids I’ve crashed on the couch for the night.
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
“(Everybody’s Waitin’ for) The Man with the Bag” by Kay Star
Runners Up: Marshmallow World, I’ll be Home for Christmas, White Christmas, One Small Child, What Child is This?, Silent Night
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
When I was little and living in Calgary, we also used to celebrate with relatives who opened everything on Christmas Eve due to their Norwegian background. That was always a fun night! Then we’d have our own presents and stockings in the morning. Now we just wait until morning.
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
You know Dasher and Dance and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen…but the most famous…Rudolph!
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
Taking in the amazing lights at Butchart Gardens, making lefse with my Mom, singing all the Christmas carols at church or along with the radio or playlists, watching my nephews excitedly opening their gifts, sitting down to an amazing meal with family.
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
I think this year it’ll be my 4 foot fake tree. Last year I had an amazing real tree, but this year I’m keeping things simple.
9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
My Mom’s sugar Christmas cookies! Lefse, warmed with butter and sprinkled brown sugar. And the Terry’s Milk Chocolate Orange!
10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I love giving gifts, finding something special, or getting someone exactly what they wanted. I love watching them open them! Buuut, I do like receiving, too. Something unexpected, something fun.
11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
I can remember getting a Cabbage Patch Horse one year as a child, an iPad a few years ago, but really, it’s the small, sweet gifts that I love, too!
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I’d love to be in Disneyland for Christmas at least once in my life. The celebration, the fun! Or somewhere in Europe, with snow and amazing traditional treats and experiences!
13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I usually intend to make gifts amazing and pretty, but I always end up with sad, bent corners and too much or too little ribbon.
14. Most memorable Holiday moment?
I don’t have one big memorable moment. Lots of little ones. Staying up late on Christmas Eve to watch one of our fav Christmas movies, or decorating the tree, or going to church on Christmas Eve and singing carols and being with friends and family.
15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
I did believe, but I also knew it was more fun than real. I grew up in a home without a fireplace so I knew the stories were more about the magic than about a real guy trying to get into our house to drop off mystery parcels. (Hmmm, Santa just sounds creepy now that I put it that way!)
16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I usually have some new goals to aspire to. Check out my 2016 List post, or the Things I’ve Done post. I’ll be posting how many of my “List” I made it through for 2016 and making a new 2017 List soon!
17. Do you ever make anything creative or tasty for Christmas?
We make a Scandinavian treat called “lefse” (see photo above). It’s basically a thin potato pancake, but it’s been a tradition for my family for years!
In the past I’ve also gone to a wreath-making class with friends (but this year I’ll miss it! sad!), or had fun crafty nights where we make all sorts of Christmas crafts or decorations or ornaments.
18. Do you have a favourite Christmas outfit, or sweater, or socks? (bonus for a photo!)
Not really. I used to get Christmas socks in my stocking but I can’t seem to find them. I also attended an Ugly Sweater party one year and couldn’t find a Christmas specific ugly sweater so I found an ugly old cardigan and threaded tiny batter-powered blinking Christmas lights all down the front.
19. Are you a take down the tree and decorations on Boxing Day (Dec. 26th) type or do you keep everything up for as long as possible?
I’m a keep everything up type! I maaaay have even kept up my outdoor coloured Christmas lights down my walkway all year long. But I recently did replace the burnt out ones so my walkway is pretty and cheery once again!
20. What makes the holidays special for you?
My family. We either have the entire fam together (my sister & family + my brother & family + my parents), or, like this year, my brother & fam stay in Calgary and we celebrate on a smaller scale but always call or Facetime each other on the day. I love the excitement of the kids and the warm family moments.
Now it’s YOUR turn!
Comment below with a few of your favourite Christmas memories or better yet, copy these 20 questions and write your own blog post and link back to me here! I’d love to read your answers!